Teaching ESL in USA

By | August 12, 2011

After 911, visa restrictions took a toll on the American ESL industry. Most ESL schools are part of big corporate chains and are located in the most important urban centers. An advanced TESOL certificate is required and teaching experience comes in very handy. If you want to teach in the public system, a MA in TESOL/TEFL is required. Many people opt for volunteering or taking low paying jobs at community centers to help immigrants learn the English language.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *